Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Destructed TOMS Shoes

 TOMS shoes are gaining popularity. They have all sorts of styles and colors, and people love to help out causes by purchasing things that they can actually wear. However, I don't know know about you, but after about six months, my TOMS start to look pretty pathetic. Take this pair that I've had for about two years, for example.
 Pretty beat up, as you can see...
 Also smell really bad, but let's avoid mentioning that for now.
 My toes are escaping...
 The solution?
 Let's make sandals!
 Outline and snip. Easy enough.
 I saw this idea on Flickr, and I thought I'd try it myself.
 Maybe not the most attractive sandals ever.
 Comfortable, though.
 And yes, they are functional. I've been wearing them.
 Better than the old holey TOMS that were just chilling in my closet.
 I can actually wear these!
Result? A functional project that isn't a waste of time and materials. And I'm all for DIY's that are actually worth it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment