Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Greek-Inspired Pizza

Greek-inspired pizza. Mmm, mmm.
 Hey, so today I thought I'd try out a Greek-inspired pizza. Who doesn't love pizza, right? To get me in the cooking/creating mood, I started my mid-morning (after I got off work) with some iced coffee. My cat Sheba decided to peek, so you can see her chilling in the window back there. This pizza recipe is extremely simple, and it comes together pretty quickly. Here's what you'll need:
-1/4 cup chopped onions
-1/4 cup chopped spinach
-1/4 cup chopped black olives
-1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
-pizza sauce of choice
-mozzarella cheese
-pre-made crust(s). A good recipe can be found here.
-balsamic vinegar.

Let's do this.
 First, I chopped up my onions.
 Then, my spinach. Mmm.
 P.S., being a bassoonist and a skilled reed maker, I own a ceramic knife. I use it in the kitchen too. No shame. I use a Kyocera knife, personally. It works wonders.
 Look at those delicious veggies!
 Black olives. You either love them or hate them. I, of course, love them.
 There you go, mates.
 I guess if you want, you can just stop here and eat this as a salad...
 But I'd highly recommend continuing this journey.
 Take some balsamic vinegar, and spread it all over your crust.
 There you go.
 Next comes the sauce. Use as much or as little as you'd like!
 Mozzarella cheese, please.
 I added some crushed red pepper at this point, too. I had to have a little spice in there.
 These puppies are ready to go in the oven. Follow the directions on your pre-made crust package. For example, mine was 425 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. However, we aren't finished quite yet. Only put them in for about 2/3 of the total time, so we can add the toppings.
 Thus, I set the timer for six minutes, and waited.
 Six minutes later, lookin' good!
 Sprinkled my toppings on...
 Yum.
 Four more minutes. By the way, it smelled awesome.
 And here they are!
 Artsy angle, you know.
 And here is the finished product!
 Greek-inspired pizza with olives, spinach, onions, and feta.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment