Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mediterranean Vegetable Wrap

Who doesn't love wraps? They're light, great for lunch, and a little more fun than a sandwich. This wrap is particularly healthy for us vegetarians because it has hummus instead of dressing or sauce. Bonus protein points. This recipe is just a guideline. You can feel free to make it your own and mix up what you put on it. Enjoy!

 So here's what you'll need:
-a tortilla (I like to use whole grain--or "ultra-grain"--ones)
-hummus (I use Sabra brand)
-fillings (I used onions, black olives, spinach, bell peppers, and feta crumbles)
-cheese (I would recommend Montery or Cheddar Jack.
 First, slop some hummus on your tortilla right down the middle.
 Top with your veggies. There's some feta crumbles on mine, too.
 I added some whole spinach leaves, then cheese. Now comes the tricky part. If you don't know how to wrap one of these babies, I would highly recommend watching this video. It makes it much easier to understand than if I were to type it out.
 Now hopefully, once sliced down the middle, your wrap looks something like this. Voila, a Mediterranean veggie wrap!
And if it didn't turn out so pretty, it will surely be delicious anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment